101. It opens at 8 am on weekdays, but at 9 at weekends. 平时上午8点开,但周末9点开。
102. What will you do the day after next? 后天你做什么?
103. What did you do the week before last? 上上星期你干了什么?
104. I’ll work for the next 5 days. 我要工作5天(从明天算起)
105. It’s been 5 years since I last saw you. 我已5年没见你了。
8、Talking about Objects 谈论事物
106. Do you have a computer? 你有计算机吗?
107. Yes, I do. 是的,我有。
108. He has that book, doesn’t he? 他有那本书,是吗?
109. No, he doesn’t. 不,他没。
110. Do you have any brothers or sisters? 你有兄弟或姐妹吗?
111. No, I’m a single son. 没,我是独生子。
112. Does your computer have a modem? 你的电脑有调制解调器吗?
113. Do you have shampoo here? 这儿有香波卖吗?
114. What a beautiful garden you have! 你的花园真漂亮。
115. Any tickets left? 有剩票吗?
116. Do you have glue? I need some here. 你有胶水吗?我这里需要一点。
117. I have some left. 我剩下一些。
118. If you have more, please give me some. 假如你有多的,请给我。
119. Do you have my pencil? 你拿了我的铅笔吗?
120. Yes, I have your eraser, too. 是的,我还拿了你的橡皮。
9、Talking about Time 叙述时间
121. What time is it now? 目前什么时间?
122. It’s two o’clock. 目前两点。
123. It’s a quarter past five. 目前是五点一刻。
124. It’s ten minutes to four. 目前差十分四点。
125. It’s half past nine. 目前是九点半。
126. It’s one o’clock sharp. 目前一点整。
127. It’s not four o’clock. 还没有到四点呢。
128. My watch says two o’clock. 我的表是两点钟。
129. My watch is two minutes fast. 我的表快了两分钟。
130. What’s the time by your watch? 你的表什么时间了?
131. We must arrive there on time. 大家需要按时到那儿。
132. There are only two minutes left. 只剩两分钟了。
133. Can you finish your work ahead of time? 你能提前完成工作吗?
134. The flight is delayed. 飞机晚点起飞。
135. The meeting is put off. 会议延期了。
10、about Dates 关于日期
136. What day is today? 今天星期几?
137. Today is Monday. 今天星期一。
138. What’s the date today? 今天几号?
139. Today is May 21st. 今天是5月二十一号。
140. When were you born? 你什么时间生的?
141. I was born on September 1st, 1976. 我出生在1976年9月1日。
142. What time? 什么时间?
143. You name the time. 你定时间吧。
144. I’ll meet you tomorrow. 大家明天见面。
145. Do you know the exact date? 你了解确切日期吗?
146. Please check the date. 请核实一下日期。
147. What were you doing this time last year? 去年这个时候你在做什么?
148. How long will the sale last? 折价销售多长时间?
149. only three days. 仅三天。
150. I’ll be back in 5 days. 我五天之后回来。
十1、about Visits 关于拜访
151. Hello. Can I see Mr. Green? 你好,我能见格林先生吗?
152. Do you have an appointment? 你有预约吗?
153. Sorry, I don’t. 对不起,我没。
154. Yes. At 3 pm. 是的,约的是下午3点。
155. Sorry, Mr. Green can’t see you now. 对不起,格林先生目前不可以见你。
156. He’s on the phone. 他在打电话。
157. Would you wait here for a minute? 你能在这里等一下吗?
158. Would you like something to drink? 你想喝点什么吗?
159. Tea, please. 我喝点茶吧。
160. Mr. Green, Mr. Smith is here. 格林先生,史密斯先生在这里。
161. You may go in now. 你可以进来了。
162. Nice to see you, my old friend. 真开心见到你,我的老友。
163. How have you been these years? 这类年你如何?
164. You’ve changed little. 你一点也没变。
165. Do you still remember that Christmas? 你仍记得那个圣诞吗?
十2、about Language 关于语言
166. Do you speak English? 你会说英语吗?
167. Yes, a little. 会讲一点。
168. How long have you studied English? 你学习英语多长时间了?
169. He speaks English fluently. 他讲英语非常流利。
170. Your English is very good. 你的英语非常不错。
171. You speak English pretty well. 你的英语讲的非常不错。
172. Are you a native speaker of English? 你的母语是英语吗?
173. My native language is Chinese. 我的母语是汉语。
174. He speaks with London accent. 他带点伦敦口音。
175. He has a strong accent. 他口音非常重。
176. I have some difficulty in expressing myself. 我表达起来有点困难。
177. I’m always confused with s and th. 我常把s和th搞混。
178. Can you write in English? 你可以用英文写文章吗?
179. Your pronunciation is excellent. 你的发音非常不错。
180. How can I improve my spoken English? 我该如何才能提升口语水平?
十3、Talking about Activities 谈论活动
181. What are you doing? 你在做什么?
182. I’m reading a book. 我在看书。
183. I’m cooking. 我在做饭。
184. Are you watching TV now? 你在看电视吗?
185. Yes, I’m watching Channel 5. 是的,我在看5频道。
186. No, I’m listening to the radio. 没,我在听收音机。
187. Wher are you going? 你到哪里?
188. I’m going to work. 我去上班。
189. Who are you writing to? 你在给哪个写信?
190. I’m writing to an old friend. 给一个老友。
191. What will you do this weekend? 这周末你将做什么?
192. I’ll go to a concert. 我要去听音乐会。
193. I’ll go on an outing with some friends. 我与朋友去郊游。
194. Do you like traveling? 你喜欢郊游吗?
195. Yes, I like it a great deal/it very much. 是的,我非常喜欢。
十4、about Age 关于年龄
196. How old are you? 你多少岁了?
197. I’m twenty-two . 我二十二了。
198. Mr. Smith is still in his forties. 史密斯先生才四十多大岁数。
199. I’m two years younger than my sister. 我比我姐小两岁。
200. My elder sister is one year older than her husband. 我姐比他老公大一岁。
201. He’s the youngest in the family. 他是一家里最小的。
202. He looks much younger than he is. 他看着比他事实上年轻得多。
203. I came here when I was 20. 我二十岁来这儿。
204. I started school at the age of 6. 我六岁开始上学。
205. My father is over 60 years old. 我爸爸已年过六十了。
206. Most of them are less than 30. 他们中大部分不到30岁。
207. I guess he’s about 30. 我猜他大概30岁。
208. She’s going to be 15 next month. 下个月她就满15了。
209. They’ll have a party for their 10th wedding anniversary. 他们将为结婚十周年开个晚会。
210. He’s still a boy after all. 他毕竟还只不过个小孩。
十5、Talking about Daily Activities 谈论平时生活
211. When do you get up everyday? 天天你什么时间起床?
212. I usually get up at 8 o’clock. 我一般8点起床。
213. Wher do you have your lunch? 你在什么地方吃午饭?
214. I have my lunch in a snack bar nearby. 我在附近一家速食餐厅吃午饭。
215. What did you have for lunch? 你中午吃些什么?
216. I had a hamburger and a fried chicken leg. 我吃一个汉堡包,一个炸鸡腿。
217. What time do you start work? 你什么时间开始工作?
218. I start work at 8 o’clock. 我八点开始工作。
219. What do you do at work? 你上班干些什么?
220. I answer telephones and do some typing. 我接电话和打字。
221. What time do you finish your work? 你什么时间下班?
222. At 6 o’clock sharp. 6点。
223. What do you do in your spare time? 闲暇时,你干些什么?
224. I like listening to pop music. 我喜欢听时尚音乐。
225. I like playing football. 我喜欢踢球。
十6、Talking about Yesterday 谈论昨天的事
226. When did you get up yesterday morning? 你昨天早上什么时间起床?
227. At about seven. 七点左右。
228. I heard the alarm clock, but I didn’t get up until 9. 我听见闹钟了,但我捱到九点才起。
229. I woke up seven and got up right away. 我七点醒了,然后立刻起床了。
230. I hurried to my office. 我匆忙赶到办公室。
231. I had my breakfast on the way. 我在路上吃的早饭。
232. I was just on time. 我刚好赶上。
233. I was 10 minutes late. 我迟到了五分钟。
234. I had lunch with a friend of mine. 我和我的一个朋友一块吃了午饭。
235. I finished my work at 6 p.m. 下午6点我下班了。
236. I stayed and did some extra work. 我留下加了一会儿班。
237. The TV programs were really boring, so I went to bed very early. 电视节目非常无聊,所以我早早睡了。
238. I read a magazine in bed. 我躺在床上看杂志。
239. I didn’t sleep well. 我没睡好。
240. I slept soundly all night. 我整夜睡的非常熟。
十7、Talking With Friends 与朋友聊天
241. Hi, Joe, is it really you? 乔,你好,真是不是你?
242. Hi, Ann. Nice to see you again. 安,你好。真开心第三见到你。
243. It’s been a whole year since I last saw you. 我整整一年没见你了。
244. Yes, but you look as pretty now, as you did then. 但你看着还是那样漂亮。
245. Oh, thank you. How have you been these days? 欧,谢谢。这期间你怎么样?
246. Not too bad. 不太糟。
247. But you sound so sad. 但听起来你非常悲伤。
248. Yes, I lost my pet cat yesterday. 是啊,昨天我的宠物猫丢了。
249. Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. 听到这消息我非常遗憾。
250. That’s all right. 没事儿。
251. Have you seen Kate lately? 近期你看见凯特了吗?
252. No, I have no contact with her. 没。我和她没一点儿联系。
253. I heard she got married last week. 我听说她上星期结婚了。
254. Oh, how nice. Sorry, I’ve got to go now. 那真好。对不起,我需要得走了。
255. So do I. See you later. Keep in touch. 我也是,再见。记得联系哦。
十8、Talking about The Past 谈论过去
256. I used to take a walk in the early morning. 我过去常一大早出去散步。
257. He used to live in my neighborhood. 他曾与我是邻居。
258. Did you use to go fishing with friends? 过去你常和朋友钓鱼吗?
259. We have known each other for 6 years. 大家认识有六年了。
260. It has been a long time since I last came here. 自从我上次来这里已经有很久了。
261. Have you seen Mr. Smith recently? 近期你见过史密斯先生吗?
262. They’ve been working on this project since last year. 他们从去年开始一直都在做这个项目。
263. I’ve been watching TV all night. 我看了一整晚的电视。
264. The movie began as soon as we got there. 大家一到那儿电影就开始了。
265. When I arrived at the station, the train had already left. 我到车站时,火车已经开了。
266. The late arrival of the ship had messed up all our plans. 船到晚了,把大家的计划全打乱了。
267. I had thought he knew the time of the meeting. 我原以为他了解开会时间。
268. They had expected me to go with them. 他们原本期望我和他们一块去。
269. That was the third time that I had visited the place. 那是我第三次参观那地方了。
270. After I had finished my paper, I put it in the drawer. 我写完论文,就把它放在抽屉了。
十9、Asking about The Address 询问地址
271. Hi, Jack, wher do you live now? 你好,杰克,你目前住什么地方?
272. I live at 203 Curzon Street. 我住在可胜街203号。
273. Curzon Street? Isn’t Mary living there? 可胜街?玛丽不是也住那儿吗?
274. Yes, she lives just across the street. 是的,她就住在街对面。
275. How long have you stayed there? 你在那儿住多长时间了?
276. Just a few months. 才几个月。
277. How about Mary? How long has she lived there? 玛丽如何?她在那儿住多长时间了?
278. She’s been living there since her birth. 她生下来就住那儿。
279. Will you stay there for long? 你会在那儿待很久吗?
280. No, I’ll move to Hollywood next month. 不,我下个月搬到好莱坞去。
281. Oh, really? I’m moving there too. 真的?我也会搬到那儿去。
282. Great. Then we can drink beer together. 棒极了,大家可以一块喝啤酒了。
283. Yes, and you may stay there longer. 对,而且你或许会在那儿住久一些。
284. I hope so. 期望这样。
285. I’m sure we’ll have a good time. 我相信大家会非常快乐的。
二10、Asking Questions 提问题
286. Wher are you going? 你到哪里?
287. Wher did you go for dinner yesterday? 你们昨天到哪里吃的饭?
288. When will he come to see you? 他什么时间来看你?
289. When did you buy the car? 你什么时间买的车?
290. Who told you? 哪个对你说的?
291. Who will accompany you to the airport? 哪个将陪你去机场?
292. Why don’t you agree? 你为何不认可?
293. Why not go out for a walk? 干吗不出去散步?
294. How did you spend your holiday? 你假期如何过的?
295. How are you doing these days? 这类日子你如何?
296. What did he say in the letter? 他在信里怎么说了?
297. What are you going to do with the books? 你计划拿这类书如何解决?
298. What were you doing when I called? 我打电话给你时你在干吗?
299. I was about to leave. 我正要外出。
300. Can you guess what I was doing this morning? 你能猜至今上午我在干什么吗?
二十1、Measuring And Comparing 形容物品、度量、比较
301. What’s the height of the building? 这座楼有多高?
302. How much does the elephant weigh? 这个大象有多重?
303. What’s the color of your new dress? 你的新衣服是哪种颜色的?
304. What’s the size of your shoes? 你的鞋多大尺寸?
305. My brother is twice as tall as your sister. 我弟弟比你妹妹高中一年级倍。
306. My grandma is 40 years older than me. 我祖母比我大40岁。
307. This river is one third as long as that river. 这条河只有那条河的三分之一长。
308. What’s the shape of your balloon? 你的气球是什么形状?
309. How wide is this bridge? 这座桥有多宽?
310. How thick is the ice here? 这儿的冰有多厚?
311. This metal is harder than that one. 这种金属比那种硬。
312. He can run as fast as Jim. 他跑的和吉姆一样快。
313. Kate is smarter than I. 凯特比我聪明。
314. How long do you watch TV every day? 你天天看多久电视?
315. How often do you go swimming? 你多长时间去游一次泳?
二十2、Asking For Help 寻求帮助
316. Would you please open the door for me? 请你帮忙开个门怎么样?
317. May I ask you a question? 我能问你个问题吗?
318. Please give me a hand. 请帮我个忙。
319. Could you do me a favor? 能请你帮个忙吗?
320. Would you help me remove the refrigerator? 能帮忙移一下冰箱吗?
321. Get me my coat, please. 请帮我拿下外套。
322. Make me a cup of coffee, will you? 给我冲杯咖啡,怎么样?
323. Call me tomorrow if you have time. 明天要有空闲就给我打个电话。
324. Could you tell me wher I can find these books? 你能告诉我在什么地方能找到这类书吗?
325. Certainly. 当然了。
326. With pleasure. 非常高兴。
327. I’m sorry. I’m busy now. 对不起,我目前正忙着。
328. I’m glad to, but I’m afraid I don’t have the time. 我非常乐意,但我恐怕没时间。
329. Would you mind closing the window for me? 能帮我关一下窗户吗?(你在意关下窗户吗?)
330. Not at all. 当然可以。(当然不在意)
二十3、Asking Directions 打听状况和问路
331. Excuse me, madam. Could you tell me wher the post office is? 对不起,女性,请问邮局在哪儿?
332. It’s just around the corner. 转弯就是。
333. Excuse me, how can I get to the bus station? 对不起,汽车站如何走?
334. You can take the bus and get off at the second sTOP. 你可以坐公共汽车第二站下。
335. Excuse me. Wher is No.5 Street? 对不起,第五大街在什么地方?
336. Go straight ahead and turn left at the second crossing. 一直往前走,在第二个十字路口往左拐。
337. Excuse me. Can you tell me how to get to Mr. Hu’s restaurant? 对不起,你能告诉我如何去胡先生的饭店吗?
338. Go on for about 100 meters. It’s on your left side. You can’t miss it. 往前走约100米,在你左手边,你不会错过的。
339. Which one is Mr. Jame’s office? 哪间是詹姆司先生的办公室?
340. It’s Room 201 on the second floor. 二楼201房间。
341. Can I use the lift? 我可以用电梯吗?
342. Sorry, it’s broken. You have to use the stairs. 对不起,它坏了,你只能走楼梯了。
343. Wher are the stairs? 楼梯在哪儿呢?
344. Go along the corridor and it’s on your right side. 沿着走廊走,在你右手边。
345. Thank you for directions. 感谢你为我指路。
二十4、about Marriage 关于婚姻
346. Are you married? 你有没有结婚?
347. I’m single. 我目前单身。
348. You have a younger brother, don’t you? 你有个弟弟,是吗?
349. How is your family? 你的家人如何?
350. She’s engaged/married to John. 她和约翰订婚/结婚了。
351. How long have you been married? 你们结婚多长时间了?
352. We’ve been married for 2 years. 大家结婚两年了。
353. My parents got married in 1954. 我爸爸妈妈1954年结婚的。
354. Mary gave birth to a baby last week. 玛丽上星期做母亲了。
355. They’ve been divorced. 他们已离婚了。
356. His wife died a year ago. Now he lives alone. 他老婆去年过世了。目前他自己住。
357. My aunt will come to live with me for a few days. 我阿姨会来和我住一些日子。
358. John has his own family now. 约翰目前有我们的家了。
359. Do you live with your parents? 你和你爸爸妈妈住一块吗?
360. No. I live in my own house. 不,我住在我们的房屋里。
二十5、Talking about Neighbors And Friends 谈论邻居和朋友
361. Do you know Mary? 你认识玛丽吗?
362. Sure. We have been friends since primary school. 当然,大家从小学就是朋友了。
363. Really? I was introduced to her just last weekend. 真的?上周末我才被介绍给她。
364. What is she doing now? 她目前干些什么呢?
365. She told me she wanted to start a company. 她告诉我她想开公司。
366. Start a company? But I thought she would be a scholar. 开公司?我原以为她会成为一个学者
367. People are always changing, aren’t they? 人一直在变,不是吗?
368. Yes, you’re right. After all, she is smart enough to go into business. 是啊,你说的对。毕竟,她完全有经商才智。
369. But she doesn’t have much experience. 但她没太多经验。
370. You two don’t have much contact? 你们两个没如何联系吗?
371. No, I only wrote her one letter this year. 是的,今年我才给她写过一封信。
372. And her? 她呢?
373. She sent me a Christmas card last year. 去年寄过一张圣诞节卡。
374. Oh, that’s not good. 哦,那可不好。
375. Yes, we should try to contact more. 是的,大家应该联系多点。
二十6、Planning The Future 计划以后
376. What time are you going to leave for the airport tomorrow? 你明天计划什么时间去机场?
377. Is he coming to dinner? 他回来吃饭吗?
378. I’m going to the bookstore. Will you go with me? 我要去书店,你和我去吗?
379. They’re going to discuss it at the meeting next Friday. 他们将在下周五的会上讨论这个问题。
380. I’ll be waiting for you at the restaurant this time tomorrow. 我明天这个时候在饭店等你。
381. After I get home, I’ll call you. 到家将来,我会给你打电话。
382. How will you spend the evening? 你晚上做什么?
383. I’ll probably stay home and watch TV. 我或许会呆在家看电视。
384. What’s your plan for the summer holiday? 暑假计划做什么?
385. I’m thinking about a visit to Paris. 我在考虑去巴黎旅游。
386. There’s going to be a pottery exhibition at the art gallery. 艺术馆或有一次陶瓷展。
387. You are still thinking about a Ph.D., aren’t you? 你还是想学成博士,是吗?
388. What will you do about it? 你会拿这事如何解决?
389. What do you want to do after graduation? 你毕业后想做什么?
390. I’ll further my study. 我想继续深造。
二十7、Talking about The Weather 谈论天气
391. Have you heard the weather forecast? 你听天气预报了吗?
392. No, what does it say? 没,它怎么说了?
393. We’ll have fine weather for the next few days. 将来几每天气晴朗。
394. But it’s still raining today! 可今天还在下雨。
395. It is said it will clear up tonight. 天气预报说今晚雨就会停。
396. What will it be after the clear weather? 晴天将来天气会如何?
397. It says a storm may come next month. 天气预报说下个月会有一场暴风雨。
398. And it may get colder, it’s already November. 并且天气会更冷。
399. Yes, and I hope we can have some snow this winter. 是的,我期望今年冬季会下雪。
400. I’m afraid it won’t be cold enough for a snowfall. 我恐怕天不会冷的下雪。
相关文章推荐